Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Today's the Day...VOTE!

Well, technically I voted 2 weeks ago, but it gets counted today! Have you voted? I always say, if you don't vote, don't complain. Today is a big day for our country. Every election day is a big day. It is a chance for us to stand for what we believe. It is also our right as american citizens to vote. Not only is it our right, it is a privilege. One in which we all should be taking advantage of today. Colorado, Florida, Virginia, and Ohio are the key states, so for those of you in those states, no pressure;)

Today I am forgoing "Turn The Page Tuesday" and focusing on something that has always been important to me. I grew up going to the polls with my mom and being taught how important it is. I am so thankful for a mother who taught me about voting and made a point to live out that teaching. Even this morning my mom called me and my sisters making sure we were voting. ;) As important as voting is to me, what is more important is my walk with the Lord. I am called as a christian to vote for the things that coincide with God's word. I am not worried about who is going to get elected, although I sure would like my candidate to win, or what will happen if things stay the same. It doesn't matter because God is still the one and only true God and He will use either candidate for his purpose. I hope you all get out to vote today and make a choice based on what you believe is right. Our vote shouldn't be based on race, political parties or affiliates, what the news channel says, etc. It should be based on what you feel is right. 

I hope you all have a wonderful election day and I hope you arrive when the lines have slowed down..:/ 

With that said, Happy Voting:)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Next week I will pick back up with "Turn The Page Tuesday" so get your posts ready:) I have a great Thanksgiving book to share. I will also be posting Melissa and Doug's 2012 toy picks....
See you all tomorrow for another week of WIAW!:)
post signature

No comments: