Monday, November 26, 2012

A Little of This, A Little of That...

I'mmmm Baaaaacck!:) The last week and a half we have had our family here so my blog took the back burner. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I have had a wonderful holiday season so far.... mostly because my sweet husband had the last week off!!!! My sister and her precious husband were here for 5 days:) There is nothing I love more. We did some shopping, but mostly we spent time together at our home. We decorated for Christmas and watched some of our favorite holiday movies. The boys were in heaven..:)


My sister left Wednesday morning and my in-laws arrived Wednesday evening:) Weston spent the day putting up lights on our house and making a pot of chili for dinner. Grammie brought Wyatt and Elias a few Christmas movies and the movie "Brave." So, we spent the evening watching Brave and eating homemade chili....perfection. I wish I could have shared my delicious Turkey dinner with you all. It was sooo yummy! I made another Cajun Turkey and it was to die for!!! My sweet MIL made green beans, and I finished it off with homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, and cherry cobbler. Weston and I did our annual Black Friday shopping. We couldn't bring ourselves to shopping on Thanksgiving Day. It just doesn't seem right. At what point do you draw the line and remember what this holiday time is about? We just aren't going to take our family time on Thanksgiving Day to go shop. So, we left out house at 4am on Friday and hit up all the stops on our list. We got some really great things for our boys and I cannot wait until they open their gifts. We then met up with my friend Jenn and her husband for breakfast and then hit up a couple more stores. I actually like that all of the crazies had gotten their shopping done because the stores were restocked and the lines were much shorter:) SCORE! We spent the next fews days cooking, went shopping for the boys winter clothes (got some ADORABLE STUFF), and went to our favorite restaurants around here....

This is the sweetest picture from their visit. Wyatt brushing his Grammie's hair;)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I miss my family terribly, but am already counting down the days until we leave for Georgia....Until then, we have lots of parties, get togethers, SEC championship;)), shopping, eating, time with sweet friends, and the start to some new traditions. One of which I will share tomorrow on my blog..

Happy Post-Thanksgiving and Welcome Full on Christmas time!!:)
post signature

2 comments:

Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with your family!!

I don't do Black Friday shopping but I am glad to hear that you waited until Friday to go out and not on Thanksgiving. I think everyone can stand to spend an entire DAY with their family and just being thankful:-)

By the way, I love your cute green jeans!!

Rachel Layfield said...

Hey girl:) We had a wonderful holiday, and I hope you did as well! The green jeans are from old navy/target and I have like 5 pair;) I LIVE in them;))